Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Another exciting day in NY! We headed to ground zero first thing this morning. It's under major construction, obviously, and is quite fascinating to see. We saw the memorial for Ladder Co. 10 where I believe almost all the firemen in that ladder were killed in 9/11 and we saw several memorials. We also saw a group of army men taking pictures and asking the firemen questions which for some reason made it more heartfelt.

We headed into the World Financial Center which is right beside it and ate lunch. We also saw a memorial for the 11 American Express staff who were killed on 9/11... which our lunch led us to discussing that day and all the different stories we've heard since then. Like my mom said today, that was an attack on ALL of American-not just New York-so I think everyone should at least try to visit there once in their life.

Then we walked along the water to Battery Park and the Staten Island Ferry. It was a beautiful day and we were able to see the Statue of Liberty from afar on our boat.

Then rode back to the mainland, hopped on the Subway to go to Century 21-a MASSIVE New York department store. It was insane!!! All kinds of brands from $10 to $200. I bought some cute rainboots. They are definitely all the rage up here and I figured they will come in handy in rainy Cleveland as well.

Hopped on the Subway again and headed to the infamous Lombardi's Pizza. It was so good and we enjoyed some super cute shops in that area.

Then.... mom and I headed to Mary Poppins! AHHHH!! It was fabulous! All the cool little tricks from the movie were so fancily done in the musical and there were a few new things added. The costuming and set were absolutely ridiculous. The best parts are the Supercali.... scene and the chimney sweep scene. I will tell you no more in case you go see it. =) Which I TOTALLY recommend!

Now we are back home. Getting ready for day 3 tomorrow!

4 comments:

SJonesG said...

Awesome!! I know you are having a blast! I want to see Mary Poppins too!! I'll be there in four weeks. Love the updates, keep em coming! We are in beautiful KY at the big house on the hill and it's wonderful!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

glad you're having so much fun!!! How are your shins doing?

Katie said...

SO fun, Abigail!!! Although I do miss you :) I have always wanted to see Mary Poppins... do you know it's one of my favorite movies? Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Unknown said...

hi! I liked the picture, especially the girl in a white dress and black listado.meu Naiane name is, nice to meet you ...