Saturday, March 20, 2010

I've been everywhere, man... I've been everywhere...

(a little Johnny Cash for you...)

So my trip is still fabulous but it's definitely slowed down a bit!

Wednesday in NYC: Mom and I ventured out to Canal Street and China Town where we definitely shopped a bit. We also went to Union Square which has great artists and even street performers-who were quite comical. We saw a few minutes of the St. Patrick's Day Parade which was full of green, bagpipes, and underage drinking. Then we stood in line to get some cheap tickets for another Broadway show, West Side Story. Whitney met us at Macy's (which is ENORMOUS), we ate dinner and then enjoyed our 2nd show! West Side Story's dancing is unbelievable. There were a few crude moments, but it was a fantastic show.

Thursday in NYC, then VA: I basically chilled this day. Mom left before me to fly home to Cleveland and then my flight didn't leave until 3ish. I packed, walked down the street for some Chinese (which totally made me feel like a real New Yorker) and then I walked down the sidewalk with my bright green suitcase attempting to get a taxi. ha. Finally got one. Made it to the airport. Flight was easy to Richmond. Then Shawn picked me up on her way home from work. She cooked a great dinner that we enjoyed with her mom, hubby, and cousin Meg. Then I got to see Hannah and the new Jodie Ann! She's precious and slept on me. =)

Friday in VA: We all slept late... until our little hearts were content and Bernadette made homemade cinnamon rolls for us! at like 11... ha. That afternoon, me and the Douglas ladies went to the outlets in Williamsburg and had a great dinner at the "Blue Talon Bistro" in the somewhat "old, colonial" district. Super cute. We watched "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" last night which was only so so.

So I usually don't document each and every thing but I am for my trip so I'll be able to look back and remember it all! The fun is about to end... I'll let ya know how Wicked turns out. =)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hey Abby! Great seeing you at Winterfest. Sounds like your trip to N.Y. was a blast. Never enough time to squeeze everything in. I hope you did get to see Wicked, I think it's my favorite Broadway show I've seen. (of course i say that about each one, i think its the best until i see another! I haven't been disappointed with any I've seen) Chinatown is pretty fun shopping too. I just love New York! Reading your blog makes me want to go soon! LOVE YOU.

Unknown said...

i like daily documenting when I take trips- esp big ones- like when I got to go to India. It's fun to go back and read them.