Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ohhh, you're going to think I'm a bad person...

I kept having this common thought last week and it's a little funny that my sister blogged on this topic recently as well... but mine's on a different level.

For some reason.... it annoys me to all end when people's facebook status are uber spiritual. I have no idea why... And my heavens if you know me at all I'm all for some Jesus and walkin' in the spirit, but for some reason it's like people take it to a judgemental/"cast you into hell" type of status.

I understand there are those days when all you think about is a scripture engraved in your head... or a true nudge of the Holy Spirit... or a moment of His sovereignty... but plastering everything on facebook just drives me nuts to no end.

I guess my real question is what is the motive? Sometimes I think people post those statuses just to look cool and "pastory" and on top of things spiritually. I know it shouldn't matter... and if it's helping others than who cares? But, it still seems to cause an uncomfortable feeling within me. Ha... I'm sure one of you will call me out when I'm having one of those supernatural, motivational moments and post my spiritual thoughts on my facebook wall.

Please don't think I'm a jerk. Buuutt.... I secretly think there are others who feel the same way.

7 comments:

Shawn Virginia said...

Abby, you're a jerk:-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I really found your blog except that we have Lee in common....anyway....I totally agree....it's like people trying to prove that they are a Christian....I also question people that say social networking sites can be seen as evangelism...

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

maybe it's just the lord telling you to repent. HA! kidding, it annoys me too, I won't lie :)

Sarah said...

Of course I agree-and I think it's because it seems pretentious or showy and neither you nor I like fake.

SJonesG said...

I think we actually discussd this same topic at work the other day. I love it that you have the guts to say what you think and I couldnt agree with you more! BTW,did you catch the picture of you "dancing" on my blog last week? I was surprised there were no "gasps" or "exclamations" in my comments.

The Quesenberry Family said...

I agree completely with you!!

Teddie said...

I also agree with you. It some ways it seems prideful. I just wish people would be real and honest.