Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Ya'll Don't Need to Be Talkin' About People"

So here's how our night went at Beef O'Bradys....

We get a table... we see a friend that K & M know.... K turns to A and says his girlfriends so cute and we know him through Lee etc. etc.....

THEN... the drunk lady beside us who thought she had heard the conversation leads into this...

Drunk Lady: Ya'll don't need to be talkin' bad about people...
Us: We look dumbfounded and have no idea how to respond... although I did say, "Excuse me?"
Drunk Lady: Ya'll don't need to talk about people.... I heard you.
Us: Still dumbfounded.... and speechless... we keep looking at each other confused...
Drunk Lady: (looking at innocent Katie) If you've gotten something to say... say it to my face!

And at this point... we are flabbergasted, and honestly, a little scared because I had a million things run through my mind that I wanted to say but I refrained because she might have killed me.

Then somehow she proceeds to start talking to us again...
Drunk Lady: I just don't like to hear people talk about other people
which finally made Steve mad enough to pipe in and say...Excuse me, but what did we say?
Drunk Lady: WELL, I know I heard somebody say "a piece of s***"!!!

BaaahaaaaHaaa!!!!...... which is when we all literally laughed out loud and precious A says We don't even cuss!

At that point.... it was too funny to not laugh at and then it just turned sad because she didn't have a ride home, she was hammered, she was mad that someone called her a cab, and she caused lots of other drama.

Needless to say... it somewhat ruined our dinner yet made for a funny story that we will always laugh at now. =) I did learn that I always have a very sharp tongue and response in those situations and I'm glad I refrained tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I so wish I was there tonight lol...

Rachel said...

I'm laughing so hard. I could just all of you sitting there dumbfounded and I love that A said "we don't even cuss." Ha!

The Life of Rookie Parents said...

Thank God I wasn't there...I surely would have killed the nosey nelly