Sunday, January 22, 2012

Welcome to the heat!

Welp. Leaving the States on Friday was about as fun as swallowing knives. I would not wish that feeling upon my worst enemy. It was truly the most helpless, loneliest feeling I've ever had, just thinking... "wow. none of my family is waiting for me on the other side of this trip... and I'm really not coming back soon." BUT...

Nevertheless... I am HERE and life will carry on!

After successfully sleeping on the first long flight of 14 1/2 hours (I didn't sleep the whole time-but a good amount), I rode another plane for about 5 1/2 hours which consisted of loud burping and stewardesses gallivanting about in a very hurriedly fashion. Did you know in some cultures that loud burping is totally acceptable? ...with no "excuse me's"? Well now you do. =)

I ventured out to see my new house-that I'm not yet staying in-and then we had a little Mexican at a new place in town called El Camino-which was delish... and of course, we had a Sunday massage at Dr. Feet. No, I won't be getting massages every day but everybody needs one after traveling for 25 hours. Right?

Things I will undoubtedly get used to... (the good and the... well... different)

...dirty feet all of the time
...sweat in every crevice
...awesome fruit
...the fact that I ate breakfast for $2.80
...random power outages
...and drinking water all of the time: lots of it

Pictures to come.



4 comments:

Caribbean Cindy said...

Praying for you and all the adjustments you have to face. I understand a lot of them! It was really great to hear this update!

Teddie Bennett said...

Looking forward to every post!

Claire said...

So glad you made it there. I sent you a text message to the last number I had for you last week just wishing you well and some lady Neva texted back and said wrong number. So....

Here's to a GREAT start on your new journey!

Love,
Claire

SJonesG said...

Awesome Post!! So glad you are there and doing well. I totally feel everything you expressed!! I will see you very very soon! love you.