Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Don't be jealous of my new phone

We visited Takam village yesterday where Julie leads a service with some of the village people. It was a beautiful morning and a pleasant time in the shade. It took an hour and a half to get there because the roads have been washed out so badly because of the flooding. We decided that the boys who had to ride in the back of the truck need the underwear that has butt pads-yes, they sell those here in the market. =) Anyways... I like the "vibe" at Takam. Very gentle, patient, and open to new things. This is also where they have the integrated farm which includes chicken, pigs, and fish. It's really growing and starting to become self sufficient, which is great for the Khmer people.


















This picture probably looks familiar to those of you who have visited Siem Reap... it's the wall at Dr. Feet. ahhhh... don't you want a foot massage now?


















And lastly, my blast from the past Nokia phone! Sooo... this is how cell service works here: buy a phone (this was like $35 maybe?) and then you buy SIM cards and add minutes. I think my SIM has 2 dollars on it. I'm testing it out to see how long it lasts before I have to buy more minutes. I went to type a text on it and honestly couldn't remember how to T9. yikes!
















No comments: