Friday, November 16, 2012

Lately

Here's what's been going on.

First of all, I've been a little reading machine lately!  Sometimes, for fun, I just browse Amazon and read book reviews of books that I want to read.  I am currently reading Great Expectations 


as well as The Picture of Dorian Gray.  Many of the classics are free on Kindle so I'm hoarding several now.  I'm also still reading a few Cambodian books and also one called Who Is My Muslim Neighbor? I need to be more informed.

My love for cooking is weighing heavily on me and I've been whippin' out all kinds of new recipes!  The items I need the most from home are always kitchen and cooking items.  It makes my life so much easier!  I made this Taco Lasagna


and it turned out awesome! That cheddar cheese on top is like gold here.  You can get the recipe HERE. (It was a little "tomatoey" for my taste, so I would tweak that next time.)  

Finally-I got some color in my hair.  This mane on my head is rather intense and thick so I wanted to jazz it up!  I got PURPLE!  It does NOT look like this...



but it looks more like this.

(just one streak though).  There is a Christian NGO here that takes girls out of working in brothels and teaches them how to do hair, so they will have a healthy and honorable income.  My hair looks great and I was able to support a ministry!  win win!

My "show" cycle is loads of entertainment.  I rotate between all of these: 



Who am I kiddng?  Friends is ALWAYS in the rotation.  And-I watched Downton Abbey, the first half of season 3, in like 2 days.  You are not ready for how great this season is!  I LOVE the emotions that come with Parenthood and I LOVE the brutal sarcasm of Dr. House.

I've also been trying to exercise regularly... well, at least lift weights and try to trim up the abs a lil bit.  For those of you that can't afford a gym or it's just not convenient, you should try "Fitness Blender" on youtube.


It's wonderful!  Work outs are timed and organized by muscle groups.  They have three different intensity levels and are creative in their exercises.  I just follow the videos on my little yoga mat here in my room.  Also, I'm growing to love yoga and Tara Stiles is also a great youtube channel to follow. 

I just started this Beth Moore Bible Study


about John and it's fantastic so far.  I don't always looooove studies like this, but this has been one of the best so far.  I actually feel like I'm learning NEW things.

Besides all of this nonsense, I'm still rockin' and rollin' here in the Reap land.  Teaching the kids... teaching the adults... making relationships... organizing new systems... sharing the Word... and hopefully being a little bit of Jesus for those around me.  




3 comments:

Teddie Bennett said...

I just loved this blog! It seems to give us a glimpse into your everyday personal life. It shows your diversified existence in a "natural" way. Love you!
Mom

Unknown said...

Hey Abby, thanks for posting! I'm excited to try some of your cooking once I'm in the same house as you...and rock that fitness blender channel. :) -Marie C.

Amy said...

loved reading it abby, thanks for writing! yummy looking lasagna!