Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catch Up

Well, I've had several thoughts/experiences that have been runnin' around my brain for the past week and I'm just now getting the time to write. Also, I lost my tethering again! Grrrr... it messed up my voicemail and I wasn't getting any. So, I had to uninstall the setting. Should have known since it's kind of a sneaky thing. Anyways, I'm on a mission to find it another way and NOT let it mess up my vmail.

First of all, as a lot of you know I'm on my journey to running the Nashville Half Marathon. Yea... treacherous journey at that. I was SOO proud of myself for running 4 miles on Saturday-the longest I've EVER ran. I did it with my uncle, the ultimate running machine, and I couldn't believe I did it. Then, I went to run 3 miles yesterday and literally stopped almost in tears because I thought I was going to die! Running with people changes everything for me so I'm going to have to start to do that more. I'm DETERMINED to do this! Soo.. I think I'm going to run again today and force myself through that terrible "wall".

Secondly, this is just for some laughs. Last week my kids had to complete a formal writing assessment on who they consider their role model. So, of course, I walked around and wanted to see who everyone put. I feared they would all put their mom or something, but I was actually enlightened to see that there was quite an array of role models. They ranged from Taylor Swift, to Peyton Manning, to Amelia Earhart, to a grandmother, an aunt, a sister,a few other athletes I didn't know about, Jesus, God... and I saved the best two for last: Superman and Kesha. Yes, Kesha being the new somewhat trashy singer who sings "I wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy" and "I brush my teeth with a bottle of Gin". (I think that's right?) Anyways, all that matters is that she supported her idea with 3 main reasons and she did! So go easy on the girl when deciding whether or not her role model is really a role model!

And lastly, I realized that since November, an ABUNDANCE of babies have entered this world-and babies that will probably be apart of my life forever, or at least close to it. So.. I want to give a shout out to the new babies, mommies and daddies.

1-My NEWEST nephew: Gabriel Lorenzo Colonna born on November 11 to my sister Sarah and alex. I LOVE him. He's so great and I hate he had to go back to NC this week. =(
2-Graham Charleston Sluder born in December to Lindsay and Craig Sluder. This is their number 2 and I love hearing how Ben interacts with him.
3-Rader Jackson Brose born to Courtney and John Brose. The time I held him I never saw his eyes because he was out cold, but maybe next time he'll be awake!
4-Jodie Ann Baldwin born to Hannah and Brandon Baldwin. I get to meet her in March when I go to Virginia and I'm so excited!
5-Emory Jaye Thompson born to Arhmin and Steve Thompson. The hair on this girl is out of this world! Last week we laid her on the bed and just stared at her.
6-and last week, Cola Leese Hood born to Megan and Mario Hood. She is so tiny and I love it. I can hold her with one hand. The best is that her big bro is allll about her!

WOW! 6 babies and they never get old to me! And glad to announce my cousin is expecting in September so add another Jones baby to the crew. That makes 7 great grandchildren for my grandparents. These babies have the magic of brightening a gloomy day.

4 comments:

Shawn Virginia said...

I'm dying to know what kind of evidence that girl had for basing Kesha as a role model... please fill me in

Abigail said...

ha. Her three main points were "she's famous, she's pretty, and she's rich." awesome.

Shawn Virginia said...

HAHA. That DOES make a good role model. I'd like mine to be Britney Spears:-)

Claire said...

Anyway, good for the girl who at least supported her thesis with details and organization!

I did the Writing Assessment with 5th graders and they had to place themselves in their favorite story as a character. One of my babies wrote about Martin Luther King, Jr. and all of the great work he did in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1980s. Sheesh.

Keeping our fingers crossed while 'errrrrbody gettin' crunk....' Oh, Kesha.