Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful

Here in Cleveland we pray, long for, and desire any type of "inclement weather" or "snow" day. The wind can blow the wrong way and school will be out. In defense of our somewhat wimpy handling of bad weather, our back roads in Bradley Cty. get slick and icy in a heartbeat, and you know you wouldn't want your baby riding on a school bus on those roads!

So with that being said, yesterday, no student came to school even asking about snow... none of the teachers were even really concerned mainly because our weather forecasters are usually wrong and we never know what's going to happen. They said we would get some icy rain and mayyyyybe sleet and snow.

Well geesh! It came POURING in and I give props to the school system for dismissing school so soon. By 3 o'clock it was snowing hard and mom and I were watching trucks go sliding down her hill. It would have been TERRIBLE had buses been on the road then.

Anywho-we stayed safe in mom's house all night and I wasn't even going to attempt going anywhere considering the last batch of ice we got I almost wrecked 2 times. I haven't gotten out of my PJs today and I've helped feed, bathe, and put to sleep a number of babies. I'm going to attempt to venture home tomorrow and pray my hill isn't still icy.

1 comment:

preciousbabysite said...

We need spring ..the weather this winter for me seems endless.
Can not wait for the days to see the spring bulb sprouting..
The neighbours who have been hibernating come out..
Smiles.
BBQ
Jackie Savi-Cannon
http://www.rnrprogram.com