Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"It means no worries! For the rest of our days!"

I bought my house 8 months ago. It has probably been one of the best decisions EVER for me. I had a few concerns before I made this big (and expensive!) decision, but I'm glad to say that honestly, I believe the Lord answered my prayers on some of those concerns.

I wasn't afraid of paying all the bills or even taking care of everything, but I was concerned that...

#1-I would get terribly lonely.
and
#2-I would get terribly scared.

Sooo... dealing with #1. I honestly have not had one moment of loneliness. Because of that, it has also made me realize that loneliness has nothing to do with being around people, but rather how you view your life and circumstances. So I'm thankful to the good Lord that I've never felt lonely, and if anything, sometimes I crave to go home. It's warm, smells good, and if there's a mess-I know it's mine, and no one elses.

In regard to #2, I honestly haven't been scared. I've had maybe 2 times where I've heard weird noises, but then I realize where they are coming from. I did ask for mace (and got some) for Christmas, just in case someone did "enter" my home unexpectedly. So don't try to pull any pranks on this girl!!

It hit me all of a sudden that I am THRILLED and unbelievably THANKFUL that I feel peace in these areas. I can TOTALLY understand that if you're used to having a man live with you... and especially sleep in the same bed with you, that it can feel unsafe or lonely when they aren't there. I'm sure when I have that in my life I'll be the same way... but until then, I give total appreciation to the Lord for helping me out with this. Hakuna matata.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yay..this post made me smile abby. i'm so happy that you love your home!

can't wait to see you and teddie!

whit