Thursday, January 21, 2010

I can finally breathe

Tonight was my last ball game, and proud to say that both the Lady Bruins and Bruins won the SETAC championship! YAY! I have most of those ball players in class and they are fabulous kids. And honestly, Lake Forest has come a long way in this town and I still think some people are surprised when we do well at something. If you're not from our small little town then you may no understand the dynamics of the school systems, but there are definitely some heavy rivals. So I give all the credit to the great kids we have.

My student teacher has been teaching 2 classes a day and will slowly add until she teaches 2 full weeks. It's SO weird to not teach all day, and not to mention, actually be listening to someone else teach what I normally teach. It's been great though and I hope I am helping her as well. I can tell that I'm not nearly as exhausted each evening!

So with b'ball ending... and not teaching all day... I honestly feel as if this is my chance to rest. And I mean "rest" in every sense of the word-physically, mentally, and emotionally. My sister comes into town next week and my other sister is having surgery so I hope to spend a lot of time helping the family. Life is good.

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

yay! I'm glad you can breathe & rest!