Thursday, January 5, 2012

It is what it is

If there was ever a time to mix great waves of emotion with some concrete business-like activity, now is the time.

My days consist of going back and forth between calling my mortgage company to set up automatic withdraws and then spending time with my best friend(s) and kind of ignoring the inevitable.

Or... packing boxes, paying bills, getting shots, selling my car and then realizing I am going to be so ridiculously far away from some precious babies being born this year.

I mean... it is what it is. I don't even know what you call it. I have so many loose ends to tie up but I would rather be with friends and family and all the beautiful children in my life. But I also don't want to forget what I'm about to do and the passion that is maybe laying dormant at the moment for the future... only dormant because I'm so overwhelmed by the realization of a completely new life. Not because it's not still there, but because I'm in a small state of mourning.

I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow and I fear the night before will be the most tumultuous, exciting, breath-taking, anxious night of my life. Lets just pray that the next 2 weeks are filled with great joy, fun, preparation, and a little bit of silliness.... ok... a whole lot of silliness. =) That's what keeps things fun.


No comments: