Sunday, October 18, 2009

Over and over... again and again...

So I pick up my pen and open my journal to write... and I look at what I wrote yesterday... and today I still want to write the same thing.

I still ask the Lord to heal those dear to me who are sick....
I still ask the Lord to provide that job...
I still ask the Lord to guard me and keep my heart protected...
I still let Him know I'm frustrated... or confused... or angry...

I just do it over and over. Ya know why? Because I'm going to do it until something changes. I'm going to believe, trust, "press on" (yay for good 'ole Church of God sayings) until He shows me whats up. I'm going to ask and pray until he provides, heals, and protects because that's who He is and what He does. I'm going to put him to the test over and over because he can handle it.

His mercies are new every morning... well so are my prayers. I think He gives me juuuust enough to get me through one day, because tomorrow...I'll ask for it all over again.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23

No comments: