Monday, September 28, 2009

24 Hours Left to Live

So today in my classroom I did a few pre-reading strategies... (ya know... trying to incorporate prior knowledge blah blah blah) and asked my students if they only had 24 hours left to live, what would they do with that time?

Amidst the 5 different classes and 130 children... by the end of the day it was quite interesting the responses I got. I would love to write on here that they said fabulous, creative, selfless things. But-even funnier-was what every boy seemed to say (Ok-not every, but almost). They would steal an expensive car and go 200 miles an hour to wreck it. Orr.... rob a bank.

I think it's hilarious. I think it's hilarious that in every boy they have this sense of running wild and being somewhat invisible. A few girls ventured to say something a little spontaneous but most of the boys' eyes lit up with mischief and spontaneity.

I must admit that I'm all girl. The thought of driving so speedily does not sound the least bit exhilarating to me, but rather a moment of terror. It's amazing how the Lord has made boys and girls oh so different. As our conversation went on the Ten 10 Vaca.... boys are waffles and girls are spaghetti. ha.

Oh and speaking of girls... my cheerleaders made me laugh so hard today at practice I was lying in the gym floor crying. They had not yet discovered that part of me yet, especially since I'm to be "professional"... the tears usually only happen with my bestest of friends. So, for just a small moment, I felt like I had all of my best friends with me. =) Like I said... I'm all girl.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hello Abby,
I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. =)