Monday, October 29, 2012

I couldn't have said it better!

Although this is my personal blog, and I can write about whatever I want... there are some topics I often  do not dive into-one being my personal love life.  Oh.  I'm sorry... LACK of love life.  (said with a half smile and cocked head to the side)

BUT.  I could not resist re-posting what I am about to share.

I suppose it's the vulnerability I choose not to dive into via my blog and the gut-wrenching thought of turning the big 3-0 rather soon and not being married but needless to say... it can be a rough, single, rocky road sometimes and there aren't many who can really understand it.

Spare me your cliches and deep words because the truth is-it just hasn't happened and there's nothing fancy to it.

So I found this blog (girlandboystories.wordpress.com) where a single, 30 year old guy basically tells stories about his own single experience and others as well.  He writes poems, talk about dates, funny and not funny stuff, and it comes from a Christian perspective as well.

I must say-it's pretty clever and I find myself laughing a lot and TOTALLY agreeing with him.

So I'm stealing a passage from one of his posts where he lets you see what goes on inside his brain when he meets a girl.  And I thought girls were the only ones who had such thoughts!  This is exactly what occurs in my mind as well.  It's a tough life we lead.  Trust me-you don't want to be in my brain on some days.

“When you walked in to the room, I thought you were really cute and you were on my mind for the next week…so I went on facebook but I couldn’t remember your name but I did know your friend so I looked through all the profiles of their friends until I found you and then I went through all of your photos and likes so I could create an image of who I thought you were before we had even spoken more than two sentences but then I saw some of your “likes” and preferences so I didn’t think we were very compatible but after that I noticed that your religion said “Jesus Saves” so I thought maybe I’d give you a chance and then we talked some more later in the week and I decided that I wasn’t that interested any more and that I think I liked another girl more… but then we talked again later that same night and I thought, maybe I am interested in you so I decided to observe you for awhile but the more I observed, the more  I began to find reasons why it wasn’t going to work with us….but then I read a book about how we’re not perfect and marriages are to serve and not to be served and I thought, maybe we can work this out but then I decided I might like that other girl so I probably shouldn’t be talking to you at all anymore if I’m not going to pursue you even though I really do enjoy talking to you and being around you… but then I heard a sermon of what a godly wife was like and I thought that sounded more like you so I kind of wanted to ask you to coffee or yogurt but I only wanted to get to know you without it being awkward or leading you on so I made it a group event…but then you didn’t come so I wasn’t sure if you were interested or if I should be more forward so I got your number and sent  you a text message to see how long it would take you to respond and when it took you forever to respond, I knew you must not be interested, but then I also thought, maybe she is so full of the Lord that she doesn’t need a man in her life… and I really liked that so then I texted you again and you responded right away and I thought, yes!, she is so in to me….but maybe a bit too much, maybe she just really wants to be married? does she even like me? why is she responding so quickly? she doesn’t even know me!…. so then I sent you a message back… but not right away, but not too long either, in the 13-35 minute range so that you would know that yeah, I have things to do, but you’re pretty important too so I don’t have that many things… so I invited you to another group activity even though I really just wanted to just be with you – but… I ended up avoiding you the whole evening… so I wrote a message on your wall so you would know that you were important to me despite me avoiding you at our group activity for fear of people knowing I was in to you and asking me about us before we had even decided if we want us to be an “us”, but then I saw another guy writing on your wall and I got jealous so I thought maybe I did really really like you, but then we became like best friends so I ignored you for the next 3 weeks because I didn’t think I could have a girl who was a best friend especially if I wasn’t going to marry her… but then I listened to a teaching on how you should marry your best friend so I considered proposing to you that week but I got cold feet so I decided to send you another text so I could count how long it would take till you would respond this time…and I was thinking all the while that you might be “the one” for me but I couldn’t decide if you were “the one” or if I really wanted you to be “the one” or if you were “the one” God had chosen for me or if I had simply decided to make you “the one”  …so I couldn’t decide what was best…whether to not talk to you anymore or whether just to marry you… it’s a tough decision but nothing I can’t figure out before the first real date."

True story kids.  Truuuueeee story.  Aren't you glad you got married at 22 and now have 3 kids puking and pooping on you so you don't have to have this CHAOS in your mind?  =) 

( reminder that i took this post from another blog, just wanted to give him appropriate credit.)

No comments: