Saturday, October 29, 2011

recharged

I was blessed to be apart of a worship workshop this morning with a very talented Christian musician who will be with us at FBC tomorrow.

In the midst of his knowledge and funny jokes, he did have excellent thoughts to share and was very well-versed in scripture and thoroughly understanding worship. I really appreciated that.

I clung to one analogy shared by him because it has been something brewing on my mind for a while, and how people look at church.

He talked about church being the place where you get re-charged. It's like a flashlight... you put new batteries in it or charge it NOT to just sit at home but to actually be used in the DARKNESS. duh. So church is our re-charging... what prepares us... what gets us going and thinking to actually be USED during the week. It's like we've turned the whole concept around. The week is when we do our shining, not in the pew on Sunday.

So my encouragement to you is to get up, get out of bed, and go to church on Sundays. And I realize there are situations that arise that sometimes prevent us, but I'm talking on a regular basis here people. I know people's jobs are tough... I know we're tired.... I know people have kids... but if church is so much work where you and yours in tow have to be dressed to the nines then maybe you oughta find a new church? I know serving in a church is a big push as well but if you're not at the point yet-then ok. That's fine. But at least go and listen, learn, and hopefully be provoked enough by the pastor that it will at least start a conversation or thought about how Christ fits in your life now. And I'm not talking about non-believers here, I'm talking about those who do believe and know truth. Church should never be a burden. Church is not a ticket into heaven but rather what feeds us and, I'll say it again, RECHARGES us. (and a side note-I do believe volunteering by choice in a church is also something else that truly recharges us, and should not burden us)

It's still top of my list for a spouse... if he goes to church, even by himself because honestly, there aren't too many out there! I know what it's like and how difficult it can be but that's why it's so important to me.

Go. Get recharged. And most of the time.... almost all.... you will never regret it. (You can call this a preachy post if you want but I don't really care... you'll just call it preachy if it bothers you.) ;)

No comments: