Tuesday, July 26, 2011

oh yeahh...??

I almost forgot I had this blog. Ok... not really.

I have been soaking up the summer like it's almost over! Oh wait-It is!

I go back to work on Monday which will consist of a whole week of in-service. I shall not reveal all personal feelings about school right now because it will probably lead you to believe I am the worst teacher in the world but needless to say, not too thrilled about school.

Moving on... I have spent many a day at my friends' pools and it's been so relaxing. Glad I've been enjoying time with several pregnant friends before their babies arrive!! Did I mention I have about 10 friends do within a few weeks of each other? Ok... more like within 3 months but I'm for real! I love hearing all the new names... and nursery colors... and funny pregnancy stories.

So you might ask, whats new with me? Well-I did have my first scare in my house and actually called the police the other night. I could hear banging against my garage and back door. To make a long story short... after 3 nights of hearing this... I called the police and asked for someone to come check out the grounds. Final conclusion by the very nice southern policeman: large bugs banging against my house. Lucky those bugs just had a harmless police officer because I would have worn them out with my mace!!!!! I have slept soundly since then.

My usual evenings consist of vamping our curriculum maps, eating food I have purchased from our local's farmer's market, trying NOT to watch so much TV, and reading an extremely NOT interesting book about Lewis and Clark. After the first 120 pages I have learned that Meriwether Lewis was very fond of Thomas Jefferson. And that's about it.

On a happier note-I'm ecstatic to not be doing cheerleading. I know I mention this in like every blog but I'm finally reaping the benefits now. I'm not missing it like I thought I would.

And some things have stayed the same... I still miss Cambodia and think of it every day.... my nephews and niece are my favorite little people in the world... and I'm still lovin' the heat.

No comments: