Monday, July 11, 2011

Deaf and Dumb

As you can see, my blog has taken a turn towards boredom. Eh.

Last weekend the family ventured to KY and it was eventful, needless to say. In the midst of a few hours, a few accidents occurred and the passing of my great uncle was announced. That being the worst obviously, I am thankful none of the other incidents did not end up differently. Anytime there are children.... and pools... and flipping into pools-it can be rough! I don't even have enough strength to type it all.

We went back to KY last Wednesday for my Uncle Ray's funeral and it was lovely to be with the Jones family, as to whom I had not seen several of them in quite a while! I always knew, even as a little girl, that those Jones boys were an interesting crew but the older I get, the more I see it and LOVE IT!

My Papaw is 5th in line out of 6 children. Uncle Ray was the baby and all of the others are still living. The oldest is my aunt Nell who is 89 and she looks GREAT! At a time like this, stories of old happenings always come about and I can't help but share one that my uncle Fred told at the funeral. It's super funny...

My uncle Ray and Papaw were the two brothers who dealt in cars most of their lives. So several years ago my papaw headed to the car auction, 2 weeks in a row, and he got a speeding ticket both times! So my uncle Ray told him "I'll show you how to do this!" and he hopped in the driver's seat. So they headed, together, to the auction and uncle Ray got pulled over... so he leaned over to Papaw and said, "follow my lead". So when the cop came over to the car, Ray and Papaw acted DEAF AND DUMB to the cop!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! The cop was so flustered he just walked away....

And THAT pretty much sums it all up! They are a mess... 2 preachers, 2 car salesmen, and the 2 sisters. I love my family. =)

(Picture taken several years ago)
In birth order: Nell, Lola, David, Paul, Ted (my papaw :) ), and Ray-who just passed.

No comments: