Monday, July 4, 2011

the Homeland

Well you can probably tell I'm back in the states because my blog came to a screeching halt. I have been home almost a week and surprisingly, I have suffered only minor jet lag. I was trying to get adjusted to life again and catch up with a lot of people I haven't seen in a while therefore the blog lost some pizazz.

I'm also still processing things and thinking of all things American-especially since it's the 4th of July. I do have some other blogs to share about Cambodia and thank you to everyone who has followed this journey! My videos on youtube are getting a lot of hits and I just hope you are able to see a small glimpse of what PCL is doing in Cambodia because it is truly miraculous.

To top it off... on this day of celebrating our country's birth... let me give you the "Things you should know about AMERICA" spill... I have been reminded of these things in the past week.

1. The humidity in the south is like a frigid winter compared to Cambodia
2. Our greenery, at least here in TN, is BEAUTIFUL... there isn't dust here to overshadow the beauty of it. Enjoy it.
3. Things are expensive. No doubt.
4. It's amazing that you can travel lengthy distances on flat roads with no massive potholes
5. Nice to know you can drink water out of the faucet
6. Main concept I'm reminded of daily: I have way more than I need.

No comments: