Saturday, February 19, 2011

Opened Eyes

Do you remember a few days ago, my blog "i'm beat"?

Well, it's amazing how life changes with just a little perspective. Do I still feel beat? Yes. But, I remember Dr. Horton always telling us in Campus Choir that sometimes we need to take our minds off of our own problems and just pray for others.

Basically, being a grown up is terrible and I should have stayed in like a 3rd grade bubble. If only we could see what the future holds than we would probably choose to never go there.

To hear, "well everybody has to go through this, so just deal with it" is never really much comfort. That does NOT make the burden any lighter or your perspective any better. Life is painful. Times are tough. People can hurt you.

I have no answer as to why things hurt me.... or times get difficult... therefore, I don't know what to tell anybody else either. But, I do believe the Lord is faithful and through tears, and struggles, and feeling hopeless I cling to that and believe in his goodness.

I have some long time friends (brothers) that I grew up who are about to lose their mother to cancer, and it has truly ripped my heart out this week. I have another friend who attended the funeral of a boy who lost his life caving and it's extremely hard to fathom.

I totally went on a rant tonight to my 9 year old nephew that we have to live each day for Christ and we are never promised tomorrow (as to which my sister was looking at me like, 'seriously Abby?!').

To see people's strengths in such time of suffering is truly a testament of God's REALNESS in our life and the Holy Spirit being a part of everything we do.

I wish I could take my fleshy views away from all of these issues and see God's plan. But I honestly have no clue as to what he's doing sometimes. I do not know why I can't have the desires of my heart... therefore, I don't understand why you can't either. I have no fabulous answer. Sin permeates our world the moment we are born into it, therefore we need that redeeming blood.

We must remind ourselves daily that we are all broken people and at times, do not feel complete. And when we get to the point where we stop asking for help, or sharing our true concerns, or admitting that we have issues or problems, then we are in a dangerous place. We are to carry one another's burdens.... rejoice with those who rejoice... and mourn with those who mourn. That is our calling and may we never put one of those above the other in importance.

If I'm mourning, please mourn with me. But if you are rejoicing, I will rejoice with you.

May we always be reminded of Him giving His life for each and every one of us. He IS good.

No comments: