Tuesday, April 6, 2010

7 school days until...

TCAP!!!!

So to all you "noneducators", these are just 4 letters that don't mean much. But for me, this is what my job revolves around. For the past 8 months I have poured my blood, sweat, and tears into preparing my little kiddos for this test... inductive reasoning and all. (Yes, I have to teach them that skill which I probably didn't learn until college.)

I will be much happier on April 23rd when it's all over and I'm headed to Nashville for the weekend.

I gave my Pre-TCAP speech yesterday.

(imagine in the most intense, serious tone I can provide)

"Boys and girls, TCAP is in 8 days. Our lives do NOT revolve around this test... but it is rather important. I intend for you to be at school the next 2 weeks every single day to review multiple skills that you may or may not have gotten the first time around. Unless your arm is hanging off with blood gushing out, you better be here. I will not tolerate any horseplay, joking around, or picking on each other in any form or fashion because we are here to focus! I will move fast and you better stay with me. You HAVE to let me know if you do not understand a concept. So be prepared and have the necessary items every single day to learn to the best of your ability. If you want to mess around and not do well, then that's your business, but when you start to distract others and infringe upon their ability to learn... we will then have some serious issues and you will be out of my class in a heartbeat. Do you have any questions? (all staring at me with blank, still stares) Ok. Lets go."

ahhhhh... I do not usually give such speeches, so I save them for the really necessary times... like now. Don't you want to be a fly on the wall in my classroom? =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahahah...that made me laugh so hard. What's hilarious is that I just gave the same speech to my fourth graders! I can't wait for it to be OVER! Natalie

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I'd be a scared little fly :)