Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just keep running... Just keep running...

My knees and shins have taken a killing. I am in week three of attempting to train for my lofty goal of running the Nashville half marathon.

I am VERY determined to do it, and I figured if I announce it on here then it will keep me accountable. I started right after Christmas even though the regular training plans don't start until February. uhhh, you have to be able to run 3 miles when you start in February. Seriously?! Thus why I started a month early.

I'm running 3-4 times a week and I am starting to look forward to it. But, today, I did 2 miles and I felt like I hit a wall. I'm not quite sure what the next step is in getting me through it... I've only ran on a treadmill because it's been insanely cold outside but I know I need to get out and enjoy the scenery a little bit. I have earphones in and TVs in front of me, and I still can't seem to stay distracted enough. Not to mention, I accidentally pulled that stupid red emergency string off TWICE which totally messed me up.

Anywho-I will gladly take any advice and encouragement in this area, because it's all new to me. My next need is to get new shoes and some outdoor running clothing-when the bank account permits. =)

4 comments:

Nathan + Whitney said...

Good for you for wanting to run the half marathon in Nash! Just push yourself through the pain. Also - we think that you need to post more pictures this year and change your blogbackground! :)

The Life of Rookie Parents said...

Hey let me know if you need a running partner! I am mean I am totally in shape and everything. Or just let me know if you need someone to cheer you on while they gorge on the couch. lol

Shawn Virginia said...

I'm proud of you friend because I know how much you loathe running! Cute new running clothes always seems to help me out a little bit:-)

Erica said...

Ohh..good luck Abby! I ran my first 5K back in May, and as small as it may sound to "runners," it was huge for me. I remember feeling like I hit a wall when I ran 2 miles too. When I finally busted through 3, I felt like I could have run another 3...but pushing through the 3 mark was so big for me. I like to plug up my computer to speakers and then make a playlist from playlist.com (free and you can put whatever songs you want on there), and then I like to run, run, run with the music really loud!!