Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fragile! Handle with care....

So I'm sitting here on my computer in the gymnastics center while my cheerleaders are being taught how to throw back tucks... and no, I'm not the one teaching them. =) My internet has been out at the house so blogging here in the sweaty gym is my new thing! ha.

So these precious little cheerleaders are going to cause me to have stress ulcers or something. Since last Tuesday....

1-One of my flyers broke her ankle falling out of a stunt... had a pin put in yesterday.

2-In the 20 minutes from my house to the gym here... One cheerleader calls to tell me her mom dropped a paint can on her foot last night and she has a fractured pinky toe.... then another cheerleader's grandma called to tell me her wrist is sprained or something of the sort.
My heavens... my pretty little princesses ARE breakable!

Ohh... and I'm having some small "moral" issues with these girls not using good judgement. Therefore, we might be writing essays on what it means to be a leader the next practice. =)

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

please make them write the essays!!! :)

Claire said...

Oh how I (don't) miss all of those after-school meetings in my classroom where everyone is crying and arguing. Oh how I don't miss the moms calling me at home crying and arguing. Oh how I (don't) miss having to kick people off of the squad for smoking at cheerleading camp only to have the principal and AD put them back on the squad after they told me to can the girls in the first place. Oh how I (don't) miss having my white car "spirit painted" with permanent blue paint. Oh how I (don't) miss eating concession stand nachos for dinner two or three nights per week during basketball season. Oh how I (don't) miss being a cheerleading sponsor.

You are earning jewels in your crown!

Hang in there =)