Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wings like Eagles

Everything seems to be hovering... and floating... and waiting... and at a quasi stand still.

I'll talk to old friends and people ask me "whats going on these days?!" and I just say... "uhhhh.... ohhh.... nothing honestly."

Ask me about my job? eh, I'm leaving it.

Ask me about my house? eh, I need a renter.

Ask me about my family? Oh! They're fabulous-as usual!

Ask me about a man? Eh, not up for a long distance relationship.

Ask me about Cambodia? Well-I need more money to actually live there.

And that's about it. It's like everything on this side of the world is about to freeze and then I'll carry on somewhere else. I know this is apart of the story but it hasn't really felt like it's started. I'm just shifting out of here, to elsewhere.

Through it all though, I have to be careful to not let this attitude seep into my personal walk with the Lord. Even now, it seems I just sit... and wait... and don't even know what I'm listening for or reading about. It's kind of like an extreme sense of peace.

Eh, me and God. We're just hanging out. Waiting.

"they that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength...."

Ahhh... so that's what's going on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found this on a blog tonight and saved it, then for some reason I came to your blog and read your post and now I am reposting it here because I feel like I should. :)
I found it inspiring.

How do we wait for God?
We wait with patience.
But patience does not mean passivity.
Waiting patiently is not like waiting for the bus to come, the rain to stop, or the sun to rise.
It is an active waiting in which we live the present moment to the full in order to find there the signs of the One we are waiting for.The word patience comes from the Latin verb patior which means "to suffer."
Waiting patiently is suffering through the present moment,
tasting it to the full, and letting the seeds that are sown in the ground
on which we stand grow into strong plants.
Waiting patiently always means paying attention to what is happening right before our eyes
and seeing there the first rays of God's glorious coming.**
{henri nouwen}